The University of Chicago Second Annual Comer School Nurses Continuing Education Day
July 22, 2021
This activity will provide updates to school nurses and other clinicians to prepare for the start of the school year. Especially with the past year being so heavily focused on COVID-19, nurses need to be prepared for new school criteria and restrictions that aligns with the best interests of their students. This activity will include case-based discussions on topics vital to the success of school nurses and offer insight into a variety of experiences a school nurse or clinician will encounter. It will also showcase the latest information by experts in the field so participants can provide the highest level of care to the unique population they serve.
- Identify the most up to date concerns and solutions for celiac disease, irritable bowel syndrome, and gastrointestinal disorders in school-aged children;
- Discuss the best procedures for children dealing with epilepsy and seizure disorders;
- Identify updated research on food allergies and asthma;
- Describe the most recent information for diabetes management and technology in school-aged children;
- Analyze the school nurse’s role in managing COVID-19 that aligns with a school’s best practices;
- Describe how to best approach sleep disorders in school-aged children;
- Identify solutions to managing students with anxiety and depression.
- 7.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
- 7.50 Nursing Contact Hours
- 7.50 Participation
This activity is generously sponsored by the Sunshine Charitable Foundation.
Register Here: https://web.cvent.com/event/20f1bda5-c83b-4cde-8a69-ebe07900faf8/summary