Location: Palos Park, IL and Woodridge IL
Job Type: Summer Camp Nurse
Category: Summer Camp Nurse
Looking for a summer job that makes a difference, join our 2022 camp staff today! Camp is a place where energetic and passionate staff come together to provide a safe and positive learning environment for girls ages 6-17. At Girl Scouts of GCNWI camps we have a wide variety of opportunities for you. Campers and staff alike spend the summer living outdoors, trying new activities, gaining independence, and building long-lasting relationships.
As camp’s Health Supervisor you will be critical to the success of the summer. In your role you are responsible for all aspects of medical care for campers and staff including following medical routines and dispensing medications, maintaining medical and first aid record keeping, and the operation of the camp health center.
Our Day Camps: Camp Greene Wood in Woodridge, IL and Camp Palos in Palos Park, IL. Our day camps provide fun programming including games, science experiments, nature exploration, singing, cookouts, arts and crafts, archery, and more! Day Camps run 8am-4pm Monday-Friday with an extended program Thursday evening. Girls and staff bring their own lunch every day.
Our summer season runs from early June through mid-August, including staff training and excluding our fourth of July break.
Camp Staff Benefits:
The real perks & career benefits: At camp you will quickly discover that the more you put into the experience, the more rewarding it will be. Develop your outdoor skills and leadership to help build your resume away from the pressures of your typical everyday routine. You will be a valuable member of this camp community, where your voice will be heard and you will receive the support you need to have a fun and successful summer.
Pay range: $400-600/week; dependent on qualifications and experience
Application Deadline: 5/31/2022
- Loves to interact with children and has prior experience working with children of various ages
- Enjoys spending time outdoors and has prior experience working in an outdoor setting
- Current RN, EMT, PA, or Licensed Paramedic and credentials to work in state where the camp is located
- High school graduate or equivalent
- 21 years of age or older by June 22nd (Preferred: 23 years of age with valid driver’s license)
- Proof of health physical clearing the candidate for work in a camp setting
- Willingness to live and work in an indoor and outdoor camp setting, which includes working irregular hours with limited or simple equipment, rustic facilities, wildlife and insects; limited technology while at camp, and daily exposure to sun, rain, and other weather conditions
- Create a clean, safe, and welcoming environment for campers and staff
- Help build a supportive environment where campers can grow, make new friends, and try new things
- Role model problem-solving, collaboration, and initiative to campers and other staff
- Prepare, monitor, and issue camp first aid kits, staff first aid kits, and field trip first aid kits
- Maintain health records, health screenings, and health care on site for campers and staff
- Monitor, assist with, and evaluate camp emergency procedures, general procedures, facilities, and conditions
- Maintain open and efficient communication with camp director, staff, and parents/guardians involving camper’s illness and injury through e-mail, phone, and/or in person based on the situation
- Assume responsibility for the physical health, safety, and mental welfare of the campers and staff
- Other duties as assigned