Primary Location: Creekside Middle School
Salary Range: $28.42 / Per Hour
Shift Type: Part-Time
This is a part-time position for the 2023-2024 school year. 6.5 hours per day, 5 days per week, $28.42 per hour. Benefits include contributions to the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF).
1. Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois
2. Clerical aptitude and ability to be well-organized
3. Ability to maintain confidentiality
4. Willingness to be trained as a vision and hearing technician
5. Ability to develop positive rapport with children and adults.
REPORTS TO: Building Principal for building tasks; and district certified school nurse.
JOB GOAL: To assist the building principal and certified school nurse in the
performance of job related duties.
1. Receives direction from and cooperates with the certified school nurse on all matters
pertaining to school health.
2. Gives all mid-day medications in assigned buildings.
3. Processes all student health records, including immunizations and physicals in assigned
4. Conducts vision and hearing screening in assigned buildings with cooperation of vision and
5. Administers necessary first aid to students on days assigned to a specific building and refers
all serious emergencies to the building principal and notifies the certified school nurse.
6. When necessary, conducts lice screening and all necessary follow-up with parents.
7. On a daily basis, reports all communicable disease information to the certified school nurse.
8. Assists with annual preschool screening.
9. Develops positive relationships with students, parents and staff members.
10. Protects the confidentiality of district and office records and information unless authorized
and directed by their supervisor to provide same when requested under the Illinois Freedom
of Information Act.
11. Protects the confidentiality of student records and information according to Board of
Education policy and regulations, Illinois Student Records Act and the Family Education
and Privacy Act.
12. Performs other tasks as assigned by the building principal or the certified school nurse.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Nine month position with salary and conditions of employment in compliance with the
agreement between the Woodstock School Related Personnel, Local 1642, IFT/AFT, and the
Board of Education.
Performance will be evaluated annually by the principal of each building served and the certified