Location: District 217 Argo Community High School – Summit, IL
Position: Full Time School Nurse (also covers summer school), RN
• Baccalaureate Degree Preferred
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in State of Illinois preferred; will consider Lisc. Prac. Nurse
• Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation program completion
• Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology
• Administrator – Principal, Student Services Director, or as designated by the district.
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
JOB GOAL: To provide direct nursing services to students to maximize health and wellness in the school community. All duties are performed in accordance with district/state board of education policies and procedures and state law regarding nurse practice.
• Provides direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff in response to the
nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local
• Administers medication with appropriate documentation.
• Participates in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations,
physical examinations, and medical conditions, and the related archival responsibilities.
• Makes appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
• Maintains communication with the Certified school nurse, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance
cooperative action which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
• Provides health services, information, and counseling in an effective and positive manner to enhance the health and wellness
of the school community.
• Completes accident/incident reports for students.
• Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
• Maintains a daily log of student visits and documentation on individual health records
• Maintains the daily environment of the health office facility and supplies
• Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
• Performs other health or school related work as required.
• Maintains contact with a professional nursing organization and utilizes continuing education opportunities to enhance
• Participates as an active member of the school community, representing health/wellness.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Hourly pay in accordance with the Noncertified Collective Bargaining Agreement. Nurse hired for this position will be required to work Summer School
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board policy and contractual requirements for Educational Support Personnel.
Apply Here – Argo Community High School – Frontline Recruitment (generalasp.com)
Deadline – looking to file asap, will start training this school year