School District: Lincolnshire-Prairie View SD 103
Location: Daniel Wright Jr. High School, 1370 N Riverwoods Rd. Lincolnshire, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Certified School Nurse (JOB SHARING OPPORTUNITIES)
- To provide direct nursing services to students and staff in the school community
- To serve as team leader for other school nurses in the district
- To perform all duties in accordance with board of education policy and with state law
How to apply: Please apply online at www.d103.org
Application Deadline: Until Filled
- Illinois Professional Educator License with School Nurse endorsement required
- Current Illinois Registered Nurse License required
- Illinois Vision and Hearing Screening Certification
- Current CPR and First Aid program completion
- Strong Organizational skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Computer Literacy
REPORTS TO: Administrator: Principal, Student Services Director, or designee
- Provides direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, counseling and emergency care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates.
- Safely store, administer, document, and monitor medication given at school.
- Participates in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions, and the related archival responsibilities.
- Performs mandated screening procedures and follow up for deficits in vision, hearing, growth and development, and other physical deficits.
- Participates as crisis team member and provides crisis intervention for students and staff in the advent of sudden illness or injury
- Makes appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Maintains communication with administrators, other nurses, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
- Provides health services, information, instruction, and counseling in an effective and positive manner to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
- Completes accident/incident reports for students/staff.
- Complies data for statistical purposes.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
- Notifies building administrators of any significant patterns of student absences.
- Initiates contact with and acts as a liaison between the home, school, community health agencies, and the private medical sector to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
- Maintains school health records in accordance with Illinois School Student Records Act, providing efficient retrieval of information and other related archival responsibilities.
- Participates in the development of health-related policies and procedures in compliance with state mandates and current health practices.
- Maintains a daily log of student/staff visits and documentation on individual health records.
- Maintains the daily environment of the health office facility and recommends the purchase of supplies.
- Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
- Performs other health or school related work as required.
- Establishes a communicable disease prevention and control program in cooperation with local and state public health agencies.
Services for Students with Disabilities
- Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the identification, evaluation, and placement of students into special education programs.
- Writes the health component of the Individual Education Plan as indicated.
- Recommends modifications of the school program for students who require accommodations due to a health deficit.
- Develops and maintains current health care plans for students who need special nursing interventions during the school day.
- Serve as case manager for medically related 504 Plans
- Participates as a member of the curriculum committee as a resource and specialist in health issues.
- Maintains contact with a professional nursing organization and utilizes continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge.
- Participates as an active member of the school community, representing health/wellness.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Certified staff member contract.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board policy.