School District: Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization (NSSEO) District 805
Location: Kirk School, 520 S Plum Grove Road, Palatine IL 60067
Job Type – Full
How to apply – Please apply on www.nsseo.org. Go to the employment section. Job ID#884
Application Deadline – until filled
CERTIFIED SCHOOL NURSE/IEP DESIGNEE JOB DESCRIPTION
● Valid Professional Educators License (PEL) endorsed for a School Nurse.
● Valid license as a registered professional nurse in Illinois.
● Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
● Ability to travel within NSSEO and move about NSSEO and programs as necessary.
● Current Adult and Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and AED certification.
● Ability to read, write, and communicate in English to understand directions and communicate with students and staff.
● Ability to physically move about the building.
● Ability to lift and position students.
● Ability to participate in NSSEO approved behavior management procedures, and apply training in crisis situations including physical management of students.
● Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology.
● Qualified IDPH Vision and Hearing Technician (preferred).
● Previous experience in in mental health setting or school setting (optional).
Report to: Program Administrator
● Assumes active role in the formation, review and revision of health and wellness procedures, policies and functions of the school health program.
● Maintains compliance as required by the Illinois School Code and Illinois Department of Public Health for state mandated student health requirements.
● Assists in the prevention of the spread of communicable diseases.
● Provides appropriate care of illness or injury to students in accordance with school district policies and procedures and professional standards.
● Communicates with school personnel, parents/guardians and medical care providers for coordination of care.
● Administers medication and completes treatments and procedures as ordered by the medical care provider and documents appropriately.
● Assists students and families in accessing health care.
● Participates in a multidisciplinary team by completing and presenting health history, writing health components of the Annual Review, and indicating accommodations related to health concerns.
● Develops, maintains, and implements Emergency Care Plans and Individual Health Care Plans.
● Obtains and maintains IDPH audiometric and vision screening certification and conduct annual screenings.
● Obtains and maintains CPR/AED instructor certification with American Heart Association and conducts classes for NSSEO staff at various times throughout the school year as indicated.
● Adheres to the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
● Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
● Completes necessary documentation on individual health records.
● Maintains the daily environment of the health office facility and supplies.
● Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
● Optimizes continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge.
● Reports state mandated health requirements to home school districts.
● Provides staff training on Health Plans and medical concerns for individual students as needed.
● Trains appropriate staff on delegable nursing tasks as per Nurse Practice Act and documents training annually or as needed.
● Assumes other duties and special projects as assigned.
● Supports NSSEO policy, NSSEO and Governing Board goals and objectives, and The School Code of Illinois.