School District: South Holland School District 150
Location: South Holland, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Category: LPN School Nurse
Description: Position available for the 2021-2022 School Year. Nurse would be working out of the health office (general triage, medication passes, etc.) 5 days/week, 35 hours/week.
How to apply – https://www.maximhealthcare.com/careers/641103
- Current Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license for the state in which the nurse practices.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Current BLS card.
- One year prior Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) experience preferred.
- School Nurse experience preferred.
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services(gtube, diabetic care, athsma etc.).
- Maintains security of school health supplies.
- Instructs students in health education according to the state curriculum (K-12).
- Serves as a resource person on health issues.
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children.
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data.
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders, treatments, and child growth and development.
- Some knowledge of the school organization and the community served.
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development and symptoms of disease.
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students and positive working relationships.
- COVID protocol knowledge
- Other Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) duties as assigned