Edward Elmhurst Health partners with our local school district, Elmhurst Community Unit School District for the provision of School Health Services. Currently we have vacancies for the upcoming 2023-24 school year.
Primary Job: To Provide direct nursing services to students to maximize health and wellness within the school community. All duties are performed in accordance with district/state board of education policies and procedures and state law regarding nursing practice.
Days/Hours of Work: Monday – Friday on school attendance days; 8:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m. The schedule will be adjusted for Late Start and non-student attendance days according to the School Year calendar.
Work Site Assignment: Elmhurst School District #205 Transition Center
- Provides direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures. Maintains accurate health documentation accordingly with delivery of health services.
- Maintains accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions, and the related responsibilities.
- Administer medication according to written physician orders, with appropriate documentation.
- Develops and implements appropriate healthcare plans for students with special medical conditions.
- Develops and maintains communication with teachers, parents/guardians, other school personnel, outside healthcare providers, and Health Services Supervisor to enhance action which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
- Communicate student medical concerns to appropriate school personnel.
- Communicate to school personnel student specific information regarding medical regimens and/or medications.
- Refer unusual medical concerns to Health Services Supervisor.
- Discuss with appropriate supervisor concerns which affect job performance.
- Makes appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Maintain inventory of medical supplies, and order supplies through appropriate channels as needed.
- Maintain current licensure, medical expertise, and healthcare provider CPR.
- Maintain current knowledge of state compliance guidelines, incorporating changes as notified by IDPH..
- Prepare all medications and health care related materials for community outings.
- Attend community outings as needed for students with special medical conditions and provide professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures.
- Communicate with appropriate school personnel regarding students health needs for community and/or job assignment completion.
- Perform and complete other tasks related to the job as assigned by the Health Services Coordinator and/or Supervisor.
- Current Illinois Professional Registered Nurse Licensure
- Current CPR certification
Apply Here: https://www.eehealth.org/careers/