Edward Elmhurst Health partners with our local school district, Elmhurst Community Unit School District for the provision of School Health Services. Currently we have vacancies for the upcoming 2023-24 school year.
The school nurse provides health services to the students and staff of Elmhurst School District 205. The grade range will be K-8 and also include special education students.
1. Assumes responsibility for the care of a student or staff member who has suffered an injury or sudden illness.
2. Maintains up to date cumulative health records on all students according to state compliance guidelines and school policy
3. Administers and monitors medications and / or prescribed medical treatment given to any student while attending school.
4. Assumes responsibilities for identification and referral of any students with medical dental healthcare needs.
5. Consults with parents, school personnel, physician and other agencies as need
6. Conducts school health screenings to include vision and hearing. Makes appropriate referrals.
7. Follows and maintains school health policy and district guidelines.
8. Advises on modification of an educational program to meet the health needs of identified students.
9. Evaluates environmental safety and provides an environment that is safe that is based on age and developmental status.
1. Advises on exclusion and readmission of students with infectious diseases.
2. Attends meetings and conferences regarding student health services and curriculum
3. Provides health and wellness programs for students as requested by staff
4. Provides in services and advises staff on health needs
5. Makes home visits to observe student and family as needed.
1. Good communication skills
2. Organizational skills
3. Experience in computer systems
1. Bachelors in Nursing
2. Type 73 Illinois School Nurse certification
Experience: 3 years plus experience in Nursing
1. Registered Nurse, State of Illinois
2. Current Type 73 School Nurse Certification
3. Current Healthcare provider CPR
Apply Here: https://www.eehealth.org/careers/