Category: Support Staff/Staff Nurse
Location: Community High School District 94, West Chicago, IL 60185
Work in one building- High School level
Pay range up to $26.00 per hour, 8 hour day
Health Insurance and Paid Time Off Included
Summary To provide direct nursing services to students and staff members in order to maximize health and wellness in the school community. Duties are to be performed in accordance with standards of professional school nurse practice, the IL Nursing and Advanced Practice Nursing Act, and District and State Board of Education policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties and responsibilities may be assigned)
- Provide direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and State and local mandates.
- Administer medication with appropriate documentation.
- Participate in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates (i.e. immunizations, physical examinations, medical conditions, and the related archival responsibilities).
- Perform mandated screening procedures for vision and hearing (requires state credentials as a screener).
- Make appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Maintain communication with the certificated school nurse, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
- Provide health services and counseling in an effective and positive manner to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
- Complete accident/incident reports for students/staff.
- Compile data for statistical purposes.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues, both within and out of the school setting.
- Maintain a daily log of student/staff visits and documentation on individual health records.
- Maintain the daily environment of the health office facility and supplies.
- Utilize existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
- Perform other health or school-related work as required.
- Maintain contact with a professional nursing organization and utilize continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge.
- Participate as an active member of the school community, representing health/wellness.
Education, Certification, and Experience
- Illinois RN or LPN License required
- First Aid and Healthcare Provider CPR Program Completion preferred
- Nursing experience required
- Experience in a school setting preferred
- Illinois Vision and Hearing Technician Certification preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to perform all of the duties and responsibilities of the position
- Ability to communicate effectively and accurately, both orally and in writing, in English
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external constituents
- Ability to work independently, stay on task, multi-task, and take responsibility to complete assigned projects and duties in a timely and efficient manner
|Physical Requirements – while performing job, employee is required to:
|(F = Frequently O = Occasionally S = Seldom)
|Lift/Carry > 50 lbs.
|Push/Pull > 50 lbs.
|Lift/Carry under 10 lbs.
|Push/Pull under 10 lbs.
|Lift/Carry 10-25 lbs.
|Push/Pull 10-25 lbs.
|Lift/Carry 25-50 lbs.
|Push/Pull 25-50 lbs.
|Certified School Nurse
|Paid per the Contractual Agreement with the WCHSSSA (hourly)
|Non-Certified (covered under the Contractual Agreement with the WCHSSSA)
|Non-Exempt from overtime under the Fair Labor Standards Act
APPLICATION PROCESS – Please apply here: http://www.applitrack.com/d94/onlineapp/default.aspx
Contractual language requires that positions be posted for a minimum of five business days. Positions will be posted until filled.
NOTICE OF NON-DISCRIMINATION:
Community High School District 94 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Director of Human Resources
157 W. Washington Street
West Chicago, IL 60185