School District- Chicago Public School District 299
Location- 1034 N Wells St. Chicago, IL 60610
Job Type- Summer Camp Nurse
Category- Summer Camp Nurse
Description- Apachi Day Camp offers a breathtaking array of classes, activities, field trips and special days. But it’s our staff—cultivating cooperation, kindness and friendship—who build the foundation of our community. As a team, we continue to challenge ourselves: how can we make each day unforgettable? How can we bring our campers closer together? We know we’ve done our job if our campers never want the day to end, never want the summer to be over and never want to lose the feeling they belong —just the way they are.
JCC Chicago is on the lookout for professional nurses who are responsible for providing first aid care to campers and staff, administering medications to campers and staff, reviewing camper’s immunization forms prior to the start of camp, training staff on how to support campers with allergies and special medical needs and facilitating parent communication.
If you are looking for a way to create exciting experiences and heartwarming memories that last a lifetime, gain valuable career-building skills and be able to spend your summer with 100 new best friends, JCC is the place for you!
Camp Dates: Staff Training: June 10th-14th Camp is June 17th to August 2nd with June 19th, July 4th and 5th off.
How to apply– Follow this link and apply for the location that is closest to you. We have Apachi Day Camps all over the Chicagoland area that need nurses. https://apachichicago.campintouch.com/ui/forms/application/staff/App
Application Deadline- April 20, 2024.
- Nursing degree and certification.
- Previous experience working with children required.
- School nursing background preferred.
- Ability to work well with children, parents and staff.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be flexible and able to multi-task.
- Reviewing all camper medical and immunization forms prior to camp
- Working with administrative staff and parents of campers with medical alerts
- Providing basic training to staff for campers with allergies and special medical needs including but not limited to feeding tubes and diabetes.
- Dispensing and tracking of medication.
- Taking care of minor and major injuries as necessary.
- Logging camper visits.
- Facilitating parent phone calls and ensuring follow up.
- Lift/move children up to 45lbs.
- Demonstrate physical stamina and agility required to be mobile for long periods throughout the day.
- Move from sitting (chair and floor) to standing position easily and quickly.
- Stand for long periods of time and be able to actively engage physically with children.
- Clearly and effectively communicate in a manner that children understand.
- Supervise children, always keeping them in sight and sound.
- Know the difference between appropriate and inappropriate behaviors. Prevent, circumvent, and deal with problem behaviors appropriately and effectively.
- Maintain a sense of calm and perspective with physical and mental alertness during stressful times.
- Consistently demonstrate and reinforce the values of caring, respect, honesty, and responsibility
- Ability to run up to 100 yards (in the case of an emergency)