Substitute School Nurse
Position Type: Support Staff/School Nurse
Date Posted: 12/18/2020
Location: Pupil Personnel Services Department
Date Available: ASAP
Closing Date: Until Filled
Job Summary: The substitute school nurse works with the building administration and staff to provide health services that are designed to modify or remove health-related barriers that affect the academic and social emotional development of individual students. The substitute school nurse provides preventative health services such as case finding, health education, referrals, and basic care in order to prevent serious health problems and manage current conditions. The substitute school nurse may provide services at multiple school sites. Qualified candidates would be part of a pool of substitute nurses that may be called on to cover absences within the District.
- Must hold a valid and current Illinois Registered Nursing License or a Professional Educator License with a School Nurse endorsement;
- High school diploma or GED required;
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree preferred;
- Certified in the administration of first aid, CPR, and use of AED equipment;
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of professional nursing and the field of school health, including the basic treatment of medical conditions;
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form;
- Ability to proficiently use MS Word, Excel, Internet Explorer, and MS Outlook;
- Courteous and respectful when dealing with others;
- Must have a valid State of Illinois driver’s license; and
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Pre-Kindergarten to Grade Five Buildings: 8:15 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Middle School Buildings: 7:45 a.m. to 2:45 p.m.
Salary: Salary: $30 per hour;
Application Procedure: Submit application online at www.district130.org
Cook County School District 130 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.