Position: School Nurse
Location: LaGrange School District 102
The LaGrange School District 102 in accordance with federal laws, Presidential Executive Orders, and state and local laws provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit based factors.
LaGrange School District 102 believes that all should receive fair and equitable treatment while seeing themselves, their history, and their culture reflected through their D102 experience, in the classroom, office, and community.
– Current Registered Nurse Licensure in State of Illinois.
– Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation program completion.
– Experience in nursing and completion of a School Nurse Emergency Care course.
– Illinois Certification as a Vision and Hearing technician.
– Possess a caring and sympathetic nature, and ability to interact well with children
– Previous Experiences as School Nurse
– Knowledge and experience with Google suite
– Excellent communication skills
– Nursing Care
– Promotes and protects the optimal health status of children.
– Provides direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness and emergency care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates.
– Assists Licensed (ISBE) School Nurse in obtaining health and developmental histories.
– Performs mandated screening procedures for vision and hearing and evaluates findings and refers deficits in vision, hearing, and growth, etc.
– Administers medication with appropriate guidelines and documentation; knows purpose and side effects.?
– Participates in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates, including immunization, physical examinations, and medical conditions, and related archival responsibilities.
– Makes appropriate assessments and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
– Identifies deviant health findings.
– Under guidance of Lead Licensed (ISBE) School Nurse and participates in special service meetings and completes healthcare plans.
– Maintains communication with the Lead lSBE Licensed School Nurse, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
– Initiates referrals to parents, school personnel and community health resources for intervention, remediation and follow-through.
– Completes accident/incident reports for students/staff and initializes exposure incident checklist.
– Provides health services and counseling in an effective and positive manner to enhance.
– Compiles data for statistical purposes.
– Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health related issues.
– Maintains a daily log of student/staff visits and documentation on individual health record.
– Maintains the daily environment of health office facility and supplies.
– Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
– Provides leadership and/or support for staff wellness programs.
– Assists in the formation of health policies, goals and objectives for the school district.
– Performs other health or school-related work as required.
– Participates as a member of the professional school nursing organization (IASN, NASN) and utilizes continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge in both nursing and education fields.
– Participates as an active member of the school community, representing health/wellness.
– Performs other tasks and responsibilities assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Online applications – http://www.generalasp.com/D102/onlineapp/default.aspx?internal=internal&district=&all=1