Position Type: Student Services/School Nurse
Location: West Harvey-Dixmoor 147 Administrative Offices (High-Needs School)
Description: The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) provides direct nursing services to medically fragile students and other duties as assigned under the supervision of a licensed registered nurse. Duties are to be performed in accordance with the standards of professional school nurse practice, district/state, board of education policies and procedures and the State of Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
- Provide critical support for children whose medical conditions might otherwise limit or prevent classroom participation with peers.
- Take vital signs (temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration
- Assessing the status of a student’s immunization documentation and creating health plans for individuals with specific health needs
- State Immunization Reporting
- Connecting families to clinics to get immunizations
- Entering Immunization records for all students
- Handling minor health issue that occur daily •
- Dispensing students’ prescribed medications
- Help coach staff as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Up to date first aid and CPR certifications