Resident Assistant – On Call
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Location: Multiple locations in DuPage County IL, IL
Job Type: On-Call
The DuPage County Health Department has several openings for on-call Residential Assistants to work at our group homes.
Working in this position, you will have the opportunity to provide life-changing assistance to adult clients, who live with behavioral health disorders. Our program focuses on teaching clients to live independently with the goal of being able to live self-sufficiently within a community. All positions provide an opportunity to make a positive difference in your community, while gaining valuable experience working in the field of Human Services.
Our starting rate is $15.00 per hour, with a $2.00 per hour shift differential for our second shift and a $2.50 per hour shift differential for our third shift.
On-Call or substitute positions fill open shifts resulting from position vacancies and staff time off or illness. You must be able to commit to a minimum of 3 shifts per month but may work additional shifts. Our shifts are 7am-3pm, 2pm-10pm, and 9:30pm-7:30am. Highest demand for shifts are holidays and 2nd shift on weekends although we generally have shifts available through the week as well. There is a great need for on call staff who can be available for last minute shift availability.
If your passion is a desire to help others and to make a difference in people’s lives, then apply today and join our team! We at the DuPage County Health Department, value our employees and take great pride in providing the ability for them to have a good work life balance.
- Provides assistance to adult clients with serious mental illnesses in learning independent living skills using various methods of role modeling and motivational interviewing, demonstrating and assisting with tasks such as; making a shopping list, preparing meals or following recipe instructions
- Provides education and direction on proper hygiene and grooming and demonstrates housekeeping skills
- Monitors overall personal safety of residents including crisis intervention
- Participates and encourages clients with individual and group recreational activities such as sewing, cooking and art
- Monitors medication effectiveness and may observe clients taking medications
- Assists in facilitating transportation including assisting clients in attending all scheduled appointments
- Performs tasks related to maintaining environmental standards in residential facilities and vehicles
- Maintains records according to health department policies and assists in managing clients’ financial accounts
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws
- Participates in emergency activities as assigned
Must be 21 years of age. Experience preferred, but not required,
A qualified candidate must possess a valid State of Illinois Driver’s license and good driving record. New employees must attend a (Paid) New Employee Orientation program on the first shift, Monday through Friday. (8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.).
To apply directly on line, click here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dupagehealth/jobs/4090701/resident-assistant-on-call