Public Health Nurse – Addison
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location : 1111 W. Lake Street Addison IL 60101, IL
Job Type: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Job Number: 23-00650
Service Unit: Public Health Services
Public Health Nurse – Addison
Receive a $500.00 sign-on bonus, $500.00 payable after six months, and another $500.00 payable after one year!
Are you tired of working the weekends, nights, holidays, unpredictable hours, and endless extended hours? We offer a consistent work schedule, robust benefit package and an attractive starting pay! This is an ideal role for new graduates as well as experienced nursing professionals, who love the idea of working with the community. You will work in a variety of settings including office, clinics, mobile events, and in client homes.
This position is eligible for a full DuPage County comprehensive benefit package to include:
- 12 paid holidays per year, 3 weeks of paid time off & paid sick time.
- Pension package, optional life insurance
- Health insurance plan options with an opt out bonus available if you have coverage from another source.
- We are a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs.
- Mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle
This position includes a paid training program that includes job shadowing, e-learning modules, and structured clinical supervision.
We are excited to offer the opportunity to work as a Public Health Nurse in our Family Health Services department. We have current availability at our North Public Health Center, located in Addison, IL on a full-time basis. This is a 37.5 hour per week position. The hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM, Thursday hours are 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM.
- Provides direct public health nursing, family case management, WIC nutrition counseling, and breastfeeding support to clients
- Administers nursing services to pregnant, infant, and children in a clinic and community setting
- Provides home visits, physical assessments, and referrals for high-risk infants, and children identified through the adverse pregnancy outcomes reporting system (APORS)
- Applies fluoride varnish to infants and children’s teeth in a clinical setting
- Enrolls eligible clients in the family case management program, conducts home visits, and provides care coordination
- Develops individual care plans for clients
- Administers vaccines, perinatal depression screenings, and Ages and Stages Questionnaires
- Provides education to individuals and families regarding their health needs and concerns
- Completes required documentation in an electronic medical record
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned
The ideal candidate will preferably be bilingual in Spanish. Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois, bachelor’s degree in nursing is preferred, however, associate degree candidates may be considered. One year of nursing experience preferred, but not required.
New hires will attend an on-site, paid HR orientation in Wheaton.
Click on the link to apply: