Vision and Hearing Technician (Part-time)
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location : 111 N. County Farm Road- Wheaton IL, IL
Job Type: Part Time
School will be starting soon, and we need your help!! The DuPage County Health Department is looking for (2) part-time Vision and Hearing Technicians to join our team! The ideal candidate will be able to identify vision and hearing deficiencies in children, according to the “Rules and Regulations of the Child Vision and Hearing Test Act.” In this role, you will be conducting vision and hearing screening tests at local schools in the DuPage County area.
The hours are Monday through Friday, from after Labor Day until early June. Hours may vary depending on the school, for example if you are at the High School, your start time may be 7:00 am, the elementary school, you may start at 8:30 am.
- Conducts vision and hearing screening tests for school aged children to identify possible vision and hearing deficiencies.
- Conducts follow-up tests; contacts parents for follow-up..
- Compiles state statistical information.
- Instructs children concerning screening procedures before testing.
- Trains volunteers.
- Establishes and maintains client files and charts; ensures that release forms or consent forms have been signed.
- Sanitizes materials and equipment; transports equipment.
- Maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- May assist with determining client eligibility; if bilingual, may assist clients communicate with non-bilingual staff.
Three years of experience in a clinic or medical environment which involved a high degree of public contact, specifically with children, the equivalent of two years of college coursework completed in a related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Current certification in Vision and Hearing Screening from the state of Illinois or the ability to obtain such certification within three (3) months of hire; designated positions may be required to be bi-lingual Spanish speaking, based on population served.
Good knowledge of vision and hearing screening practices and procedures; good knowledge of program related terminology and equipment; good knowledge of the behaviors of children; some knowledge of program requirements and eligibility.
Working skill in identifying vision and/or hearing problems; working skill in organizing work to meet clinic needs; working skill in developing and maintaining positive and professional relationships with internal and external customers; working skill in written and verbal communication; some skill in understanding the problems, needs, and motivations of clientele; some skill in operating a personal computer, applicable software, and peripheral equipment.
DuPage County Health Department is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply directly online, click here: