Part-time School Nurse Position
DePaul College Prep is seeking applications for a part-ti.me Registered Nurse (RN) for the
2022-2023 Academic school year. DePaul College Prep is a Vincentian Catholic coed high school with a projected enrollment of 1100 for the 2022-2023 school year. Guided by our core values of Faith, Respect, Excellence, Service and Health, we educate young adults of Chicago to think independently, pursue intellectual excellence, practice compassion, and value all individuals as children of God.
• This position is a job share position with our other part-time school nurse
• Attend to sick students and adults, making decisions on their care and treatment,
administering first aid, taking appropriate action, documenting/writing nursing notes and incident
forms using Magnus Health, an online software for student health records
• Interpret the health status of students to parents and school personnel as needed
• Communicate to school administrators regarding emergency incidents and/or emerging situations and issues related to the health of the school community
• Evaluate students for symptoms or exposures to Covid-19 and assist administrators in
implementing mitigation strategies, contact tracing, and provide support to students, families and
• Communicate with the county and/or state health departments as needed or required.
• Assist in the emergency planning for the school and have a working knowledge of area
hospitals and health care providers.
• Utilizing Magnus Health software, send and receive forms to/from students for state mandated
physicals and immunizations
• Check all physicals and health-related forms submitted by parents and students for
correctness and IL state compliance and help keep students compliant with their immunizations
during their high school years.
• Follow-up with parents who have missing medical or medication permission forms.
• Maintain health records, assuring they are kept and stored per current legal requirements/state mandates, protecting the confidentiality of health records on students both active and inactive
• Purchase and maintain supplies for the health/nurses’ room
• Assist in keeping the health/nurses’ room cleaned and disinfected on a daily basis
• Stay up-to-date on professional standards and attending conferences and/or participating in other professional development opportunities
• Other health related duties as assigned
• Registered Nurse (RN) with a bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, required; BSN preferred
• Covid-19 Vaccinations required
• School Nurse Certification PEL-CSN, preferred
• Up-to-date knowledge of state and local laws relating to health and social issues
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have the capacity to be self-motivated and achieve goals with minimal supervision or direction
• Strong organizational skills
• Proficient in desktop applications such as Google Suite, experience or willingness to be trained and utilize Magnus Health, an online software for student health records
• Ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with students, parents, administrators, other school personnel, both orally and in writing
• Ability to maintain self-control and composure in difficult situations
• This is a part-time, hourly position, approximately 24 hours per week; weekend and evening
hours if necessary for contact tracing.
Interested applicants should submit resume to: Ms. Marsha Blake, email@example.com
3333 N. ROCKWELL STREET • CHICAGO, IL • 60618 (773) 539-3600 • www.depaulprep.org •