School District: Great Lakes Academy Charter School (Chicago)
Location: Chicago (but the role is available as a remote position)
Job type: Part Time, Remote
Category: School Nurse
How to Apply: Email resume to email@example.com
Great Lakes Academy School Nurse (Part Time, Remote/Consulting Role Available)
Great Lakes Academy is a high performing charter school located in South Chicago. We opened in 2014 as a K-1 school and will grow to serve grades K-8 for the 2021-22 academic year. We are seeking a high capacity, fiercely positive, growth-oriented Part Time/Remote School Nurse for the 2020-21 school year.
A Great Lakes Academy School Nurse will be a part of a team of game-changing educators working to change the face of education on the Southeast Side of Chicago. The School Nurse will serve on the school’s IEP team and create 504s.
- Advises students and their parent/guardians on health issues.
- Attends IEP and 504 meetings
- Creates 504s
- Keeps track of student vaccination and health records & coordinate reporting with CPS.
- Strong relationship builder with students, families, and other staff members
- Critical thinker with ability to analyze data and adjust plans based on feedback & data to improve student achievement
- Growth mindset and ability to accept and implement feedback
- Ability to work collaboratively and without ego towards common goals with team
- Willingness to work hard and flexibly in a dynamic environment, fast-changing environment
- Nursing degree and valid credential required
- IL School Nurse credentials required
- Belief in and alignment with Great Lakes Academy’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable
Culture Fit- Do these words describe you?
Fiercely positive, Hard-working, Intelligent, Team oriented, Organized, Sense of humor, Belief in the power of education, Humble, Self-reflective, Goal-oriented, Enthusiastic, Growth Oriented
Read more about our school and apply for open roles at glachicago.org/teaching.
Reach out to Claire Hunt, Director of Talent, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.
As an equal opportunity employer, Great Lakes Academy hires without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.