Public Health Nurse – Part-Time
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: 1111 W. Lake Street Addison IL 60101, IL
Job Type: Part Time
Job Number: 21-00497
Public Health Nurse Part-Time
Receive a $250.00 sign-on bonus, $250.00 after six months, and another $250.00 after one year.
Are you tired of working the weekends, nights, holidays, unpredictable hours, and endless overtime? We offer a consistent work schedule, robust benefit package and an attractive starting pay! This is an ideal role for new graduates as well as experienced nursing professionals, who love the idea of working with the community. You will work in a variety of settings including office, clinics, mobile events, and in client homes.
This position includes a paid training program that includes job shadowing, e-learning modules, and structured clinical supervision.
We are excited to offer the opportunity to work as a Part-time Public Health Nurse in our Family Health Services department. We have current availability at our North Public Health Center, located in Addison, IL on a part-time basis. The hours are generally 8:00 AM until 4:30 PM. One day per week the shift is 10:30 AM – 7:00 PM.
If your passion is a desire to help others and to make a difference in people’s lives, then apply today and join our team! We at the DuPage County Health Department, value our employees and take great pride in providing the ability for them to have a good work life balance.
- Provides direct public health nursing, family case management, WIC nutrition counseling, and breastfeeding support to clients
- Administers nursing services to pregnant, infant, and children in a clinic and community setting
- Provides home visits, physical assessments, and referrals for high-risk infants, and children identified through the adverse pregnancy outcomes reporting system (APORS)
- Applies fluoride varnish to infants and children’s teeth in a clinical setting
- Enrolls eligible clients in the family case management program, conducts home visits, and provides care coordination
- Develops individual care plans for clients
- Administers vaccines, perinatal depression screenings, and Ages and Stages Questionnaires
- Provides education to individuals and families regarding their health needs and concerns
- Completes required documentation in an electronic medical record
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned
The ideal candidate will preferably be bilingual in Spanish. Must be a Registered Nurse in the State of Illinois, bachelor’s degree in nursing is preferred, however, associate degree candidates may be considered. One year of nursing experience preferred, but not required.
Paid HR New hire orientation is required at our Central Public Health Center, in Wheaton, from 8:00 am until noon.
DuPage County Health Department is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply directly on line, click here: