Job Title – Health Service Nurse (K-8)
School District – Chicago International Charter Schools (CICS) – ReGeneration Schools
Location – CICS Washington Park (110 E 61st St, Chicago, IL 60637)
Job Type – Full time nurse position
Category – HSN & certified school nurse through ISBE
Description – We are seeking an experienced full-time Health Service Nurse (HSN) to join our
ReGeneration School network for the 2020-2021 school year. Under the direction of the
Director of Specialized Services and the ReGeneration administrative staff, the HSN will
coordinate comprehensive health services for our three elementary schools (K-8): CICS
Avalon, CICS Basil, and CICS Washington Park. The HSN ‘s overarching goal is to foster
health and education success for all students. The HSN facilitates positive student responses
to normal development; promote health and safety; intervene with actual and potential
health problems; provide case management services; and actively collaborate with others to
build student and family capacity for adaptation, self-management, self-advocacy, and
How to apply – https://regenerationschools.tedk12.com/hire/ViewJob.aspx?JobID=191
Application Deadline – Rolling, closed once position has been filled.
○ Believe low-income students can become college and career ready.
○ Has high expectations on personal and team performance.
○ Demonstrate initiative and creativity.
○ Organize and ability to multi-task.
○ Communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
○ Experience evaluating elementary students (K-8).
○ 1-5 years of school nurse experience in an urban setting.
○ Reliable transportation to commute to campueses.
○ Registered Illinois Nurse Licensure REQUIRED.
○ Bachelor’s Degree in nursing from an accredited institution REQUIRED.
○ CPR certification REQUIRED.
● Provide direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff including nursing assessments, identifying health problems, making referrals for diagnosis and treatment, recommending educational modifications, providing follow-up and evaluation, and maintaining appropriate documentation.
● Assist in screening and follow up for deficits in vision, hearing, and growth and development, and other physical deficits.
● Provide counseling and follow-up services to students with disabilities as stated in the IEP/504.
● Coordinate with each school’s case manager and the CSN to facilitate and lead all 504 meetings.
● Gather updated medical documentation from parents to support all 504 plans.
● Support CSN in ensuring the completion and implementation of all IEPs with health as a related service.
● Provide intervention in times of school crisis.
● Maintain communication with administrators, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
● Review all existing data and determine if additional assessments are needed to evaluate the individual needs of the student.
● Provide health information and counseling for students, parents and staff.
● Administer and prepare health assessment reports based on student’s health and development status.
● Maintain accurate medical records to ensure compliance with state mandates.
● Maintain confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
● Other duties as assigned.