2023-2024 School Nurse (Full-Time) at Westmoor Elementary School
Description: District 28 is seeking an experienced (preferred) School Nurse to coordinate local, state, and federal regulations and public health mandates in order to meet the needs of students on a daily basis.
Job Summary: The job entails working collaboratively with students, parents, staff, and administration in meeting the daily needs of students. This includes addressing the typical childhood illnesses and injuries and provide for medical needs of individual students. An ability to assess and provide care for individual students is required. Providing professional development on state and federal health mandates is also required. This is a full-time hourly position.
• Professional Educator License with School Nurse (SN) Endorsement (preferred)
• Previous experience at the elementary or middle school level
• Previous experience in meeting the medical needs of children (preferred)
• Certified as a Vision and Hearing Screening Technician (preferred)
• Experience with writing and overseeing Health Care and Section 504 Plans (preferred)
• Commitment to the mission of the school within the community
• Knowledgeable about state and federal health mandates
• Knowledgeable about public health mandates
• Able to provide professional development to staff
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to build strong interpersonal relationships
District 28 Statement: Northbrook District 28 is a four-school district with approximately 1,800 students. The community is committed to excellence in education, which is evidenced by the programs and opportunities available to our children. We are guided by our moto of “Empower Every Learner.”
Apply Here: https://www.applitrack.com/d28/onlineapp/default.aspx?all=1