School District: Willow Springs School District #108
Location: Willow Springs, IL
Job Type: Full Time for the 2023-2024 school year
Position: School Nurse or RN with ISBE IEP Designation
– Qualified candidates must have a valid Illinois nursing license with PEL school nurse endorsement or RN with ISBE IEP Designation Course
– Certified in vision and hearing screening
– Current CPR certification.
1. Provide nursing assessment, intervention, and documentation for students.
2. Administer medications and provide individual health instructions.
3. Complete, process, and follow up on accident reports with students and staff.
4. Provide appropriate health related resources and referrals.
5. Communicate with parents regarding health related incidents.
6. Provide written emergency medical plans and care plans for students when indicated.
7. Coordinate with the school on maintenance of daily attendance records.
8. Maintain the individual cumulative health record for each student including immunizations and physical exams.
9. Follow district policy relative to delinquent physicals and immunizations.
10. Manage and monitor reports of communicable diseases.
11. Coordinate building vision and hearing screenings as well as individual screenings upon request.
12. Monitor health supplies and equipment for each Health Office.
13. In service and monitor staff regarding bloodborne pathogens as mandated by OSHA and manage exposure follow up.
14. Complete mandated state health reports.
15. Implement the district’s practices that align with the Board of Education standards
16. Engage in continuous professional development
17. Follow the policies and procedures adopted by the Board of Education and the Illinois School Code
18. Actively participate in the district’s mission and strategic plan
19. Communicate regularly and work cooperatively with parents/guardians
20. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities
21. Assist in toileting needs.
22 Perform other tasks and projects as assigned by the building principal
Application Deadline: June 1, 2023