School District: Kenilworth District 38
Location: 542 Abbotsford Road. Kenilworth, IL. 60043
Job Type: School Nurse
Description: Full-time school nurse at The Joseph Sears School in the community of Kenilworth, IL. School Hours are 8:10 to 3:15.
Application Deadline: When position filled
- Registered Nurse licensure, Illinois (required)
- Professional Educators License – Certified School Nurse (preferred)
- CPR and AED Certification or ability to attain within six months
- Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology
- Vision/Hearing certification (preferred)
The School Nurse is responsible for overseeing the overall health and wellness of students in the building including responding to illness/injury, dispensing medication, and maintaining accurate health records. The School Nurse manages student attendance and communicates with families regarding absences and partners closely with the school administrators to implement COVID-19 protocols. The School Nurse is responsible for maintaining immunization and dental records, conducting vision and hearing screenings, and completing state-mandated reports. In addition, the School Nurse completes health histories, participates in IEP meetings as needed, and serves as the 504 case manager for students with health plans.