Homer Jr. High School
15711 Bell Road, Homer Glen, IL 60491
Job Type: Full-Time
1. RN or BSN
2. Current Registered Nurse licensure in State of Illinois
3. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/AED certificate
4. Experience in nursing and completion of a school health orientation program preferred
5. Illinois Certification as a Vision and Hearing screening technician preferred
6. Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology
To provide direct nursing services to students and staff members to maximize health and wellness in the school community. All duties are performed in accordance with district/state board of education policies and procedures and state law regarding nurse practice.
1. Nursing Care
– Provides direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates.
– Administers medication with appropriate documentation.
– Participates in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions, and the related archival responsibilities.
– Performs mandated screening procedures for vision and hearing (requires state credentials as a screener).
– Makes appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
– Maintains communication with Head Nurse, building administrators, teachers, other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
– Provides health services, information, and counseling in an effective and positive manner to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
– Completes accident/incident reports for students/staff.
– Compiles data for statistical purposes.
– Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
3. Special Education
– Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the identification, evaluation, and placement of students into special education programs. Writes the health component of the Individual Education Plan as indicated.
– Recommends modifications of the school program for students who require accommodations due to a health deficit.
– Develops and maintains current health care plans for students who need special nursing interventions during the school day.
– Maintains a daily log of student/staff visits and documentation on individual health records.
– Maintains the daily environment of the health office facility and supplies.
– Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
– Performs other health or school related work as required.
5. Professional Development
– Utilizes continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge.
– Participates as an active member of the school community, representing health/wellness.
Please apply on our district website: http://www.generalasp.com/homerschools/onlineapp/default.aspx