School District – General George S. Patton School District 133
Location – Riverdale, IL
Job Type – Full Time
Category – School Nurse
Description – Please see responsibilities.
How to apply – https://www.applitrack.com/scook/onlineapp/default.aspx?choosedistrict=true&applitrackclient=37865&category=Student+Services
Application Deadline – Until filled
- Illinois Type 73 Certification with School Nurse Endorsement
- Illinois Certification as a Vision and Hearing Screening Technician
- Prior nursing experience, preferable pediatric, adolescents, community or mental health nursing and health program management
- CPR/AED Certification
- Develops and administers a coordinated school health program.
- Assesses the health and safety needs of the school environment.
- Establishes a communicable disease prevention and control program in cooperation with local and state public health agencies.
- Manages school health records in accordance with Illinois School Students Records Act.
- Establishes and manages health screening programs according to state mandates and guidelines.
- Participates in the development of health-related policies and procedures in compliance with state mandates and current health practices.
- Purchases and maintains health supplies and equipment.
- Provides staff in-service programs on health topics including blood borne pathogens and other mandated health issues.
- Provides health related classroom instruction.
- Administers medication with appropriate documentation.
- Supervises and/or provides screening and follow up for deficits in vision, hearing, growth and development and other physical deficits.
- Maintains accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examination, and medical conditions.
- Participates as a crisis team member and provides crisis intervention in the event of sudden illness or injury.
- Makes appropriate assessments and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
- Writes the health component for the eligibility and Individual Education Plan as indicated.
- Recommends modifications of the school program for students who require accommodations due to a health deficit.
- Develops and maintains current health care plans for students who need special nursing interventions during the day.
- Setup CPR/AED training for staff.