RN/LPN Employment Opportunity
School District: Proviso Area for Exceptional Children District #803
Location: Maywood, IL
Job Type: Full time
Category: Registered Nurse, School Nurse- (PEL-CSN) not required
Qualifications: Two year Nursing Degree RN or LPN (RN preferred) Bilingual Spanish preferred but not required
Responsibilities: Essential job duties and responsibilities include:
- Administers emergency care to students as required, based on daily assigned building.
- Maintains current information regarding student physicals and immunizations.
- Confers with parents, teachers, and physicians as needed.
- Conducts annual vision and hearing screenings by the required date. Records are maintained on all screenings.
- Provides follow up to PAEC students who are not in compliance with public health mandates.
- Maintains records on immunizations and physicals.
- Send out follow up letters on vision, hearing, and dental screenings.
- Assists with the Inions Public Health Annual Summary reports.
- Assists in ordering supplies.
- Provides follow up calls to parents regarding attendance, medication, etc.
- Assists with general filing and maintenance of records.
- Assists with in setting up medication schedules, packaging medication, and the administering of medication.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director or designee.
- The essential job duties and responsibilities are not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary.