School District – D128
Location – Vernon Hills High School
Job Type – Full-Time Registered Nurse with Bachelors of Science in Nursing
Category – Registered Nurse
Qualifications – Registered Nurse, Licensed in Illinois
● Evidence of strong organizational, interpersonal communication (written and oral), and technology skills.
● Evidence of ability to work professionally with adolescents (some experience preferred).
● Creates individualized health care plans as developed by other specialties such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, and others as applicable.
● Assists with the collection and maintenance of health data and/or records and teaching materials.
● Demonstrates knowledge of the educational environment, policies, and procedures.
● Demonstrates strong basic assessment and problem-solving skills with a calm demeanor during critical emergency situations.
● Assists in maintaining a user-friendly, safe, and clean health office environment.
● Performs clerical duties such as duplicating, filing, and data entry utilizing the appropriate technology.
● Communicates professionally, confidentially, and collaboratively with building staff, students, parents, and community members regarding student health issues.
● Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
● Performs other tasks and responsibilities as assigned by the immediate supervisor(s).
● The RN will be responsible for delivering student care that may include:
● the use of adaptive equipment such as wheelchairs (manual, electric), Hoyer lift, specialized walkers or chairs, respiratory devices, communication devices, feeding devices, and others depending on student needs;
● lifting/transferring students for therapies and toileting; exposure to blood and body fluids;
● oversee administration of daily medication for students as prescribed for students as prescribed by a physician.
● being ready and able to learn the necessary adaptive equipment and demonstrate use of this equipment;
● learning any therapies as designed by the special services team with appropriate implementation
● meeting the physical care-taking responsibilities in the student’s individualized health plan.
More Info – https://www.applitrack.com/d128/onlineapp/1BrowseFile.aspx?id=199660
How to apply – Community High School District 128 – Frontline Recruitment