School District: Evanston/Skokie School District 65
Location: Evanston, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Registered Nurse
Description: The job of the floating Registered Nurse is to substitute for a classroom nurse, a 1 to 1 position, or in any of the Health Offices, as needed on short notice to provide continuity of care when health office personnel are absent. The start and end times may vary depending on which position has the need. If there is no substitute required that day the nurse will be assigned where there is the most need. The floating RN will provide direct nursing services to students and staff members to maximize health and wellness in the school community and to perform all duties in accordance with District/State Board of Education policies and procedures and state law regarding nurse practice. This includes, but is not limited to, overseeing the health needs of students; developing and implementing health care plans in conjunction with the health care provider and parents; ensuring district health care practices comply with the laws relating to student health issues; providing appropriate immediate care for ill, medically fragile and/or injured students; serving as a health care resource to teachers, staff, and administrators; assisting with the health screening procedures for vision and hearing; and identifying health problems for referral to appropriate sources for proper medical follow-up treatment.
Must have RN license
- Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
- Bachelors degree in job-related area
- Previous pediatric or school nurse experience preferred
- Physical Requirement: Must be physically able to access all parts of the school building and grounds and do some lifting. Must have finger dexterity (picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than whole arm or hand), grasping ability (applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm) and feeling (perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with the skin, particularly that of the fingertips.
- Interpersonal Communication: Requires the ability to speak to convey or exchange communication. Includes receiving instructions, assignments, and/or directions from superiors.
- Language Ability: Requires the ability to speak to people with poise, voice control and confidence. Requires the ability to read and prepare a variety of correspondence using prescribed format and conforming to basic grammar and punctuation rules.
- Interpersonal Temperament: Requires the ability to deal with people beyond giving and receiving instructions. Must be adaptable to perform under stress and when confronted with persons acting under stress.
- Physical Communication: Requires the ability to talk (talking: expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word) and hear (hearing: perceiving the nature of sounds by ear). Must be able to hear at a level that allows for assessing an individual for illness and/or injury including when individual is not in direct line of sight. Must be able to communicate by telephone.
- Visual Activity: Requires the faculty of sight (sight: the power or faculty or seeing). Must be able to see at a level that allows reading of numbers and text, operating a computer and assessing an individual for illness and/or injury.