School District – Lincolnwood School District #74
Location – 6950 N. East Prairie Rd. Lincolnwood, IL 60712
Job Type – Full Time
Category – One on One RN/Instructional Assistant
Application Deadline – Until Filled
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Registered Nurse Licensure, Illinois
• Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation program completion
• Prior professional nursing. Experience, preferably pediatric, adolescent, community, or mental health nursing, and
health program management.
• Certified in Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Demonstrates the ability to work effectively with students and staff.
• Maintains an awareness of each student’s individuality and responds in a manner conveying dignity and respect.
• Assists the classroom teacher in developing, organizing, preparing, and implementing instructional materials.
• Support student’s self-care skills, including dressing, feeding, mealtime and toileting as directed.
• Provide physical support to students, including positioning, lifting and physical redirection as indicated in the IEP and/or directed by certified staff members.
• Ability to lift and position students weighing up to 50 pounds using proper 1-person lift techniques.
• Ability to lift and position students weighing more than 50 pounds using proper 2-person lift techniques.
• Supports individual students through hands-on demonstrations and coaching in classrooms, under the direction of the classroom teacher and educational team.
• Provides assistance in implementing behavior management plans in the classroom under the direction of the classroom teacher.
• Assists the classroom teacher in meeting students’ daily care needs.
• Assists educational teams in structuring school environments to enable inclusive educational activities for students.
• Assists classroom staff in maintaining a clean, safe, and organized environment for all students.
• Assists the classroom staff in data collection by observing and recording information on student progress and sharing information with the team.
• Completes other duties as assigned by the classroom teacher/supervisor to promote the overall instructional program.
• Provides clerical assistance when appropriate.
• Maintains student confidentiality.
• Participates in staff development activities and school improvement activities.
• Assists with transportation of students by transferring students into the bus and/or riding the bus along with the student.
• Provides nursing services, first aid, illness and emergency care.
• Serves as a member of the Special Education case study team to consult and complete health histories.
• Facilitates development of emergency medical plans.
• Maintains up-to-date health records according to District policy.
• Makes recommendations to the building Principal on health needs of individual students.
• Serves as a resource to school administrators in relation to current health practices, procedures, and requirements.
• Serves as a resource to school administrators in relation to current health practices, procedures, and requirements
• Ensures compliance to Board of Education policies.
• Communicates student’s daily health and educational experiences to team members, including parents.
• Performs other duties as assigned by the building principal.