School District – Wauconda Community Unit School District 118
Location – Robert Crown School and Wauconda Grade School
Job Type – Full Time
Category – LPN or Registered Nurse
Description – To provide direct nursing services to students and staff members to maximize health and wellness in the school community. Duties are performed in accordance with the District and State Board of Education policies and procedures and state law regarding nurse practice.
● Contract Tracer for District
● Nursing Care
● Provide direct professional nursing services, first aid, and medical and emergency care to students and staff in accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state and local mandates.
● Initiates calls for emergency medical service when required.
● Administers medication with appropriate authorization and documentation.
● Participates in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical conditions.
● Performs screening procedures for hearing and vision.
● Makes appropriate assessment and referrals to building principal for suspected abuse and neglect as a mandated reporter.
● When necessary and available, assist and substitute for other school health aides.
1. Maintains communication with the certified school nurse, teachers, other school personnel, and parents or guardians, to enhance cooperative action, which will meet the health and safety needs of the students.
2. Provides health services and counseling in an effective and positive manner.
3. Completes accident and incident reports for students and staff.
4. Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health related issues.
1. Maintains a log of student visits.
2. Maintains a record of mandated hearing and vision screening.
3. Maintains a summary of communicable diseases for certified school nurse to file with proper authorities.
Maintains the health office and supplies.
Utilizes existing technologies effectively in the performance of duties.
1. Utilizes continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge.
2. Participates as an active member of the school community, representing health and wellness.
How to apply – Link to Apply
Application Deadline – ASAP