School District: Evanston/Skokie District 65
Location: Joseph E. Hill Education Center, 1500 McDaniel Ave. Evanston, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Director of Health Services
Application Deadline: until filled – start date July 1, 2022
- Bachelors degree in job-related area
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certificate
- Illinois Registered Nurse License
- Professional Educator License
- Certified School Nurse (CSN) endorsement
The job of Health Services Director is done for the purpose/s of ensuring district health care practices comply with the federal and state laws relating to student health issues; developing and maintaining procedures to insure compliance with the Illinois School Code and District 65 board policies relating to student health and health service; serving as a health care resource to teachers, staff and administrators, and supervising Health Office personnel. Essential functions include:
- Assess changing health services needs and make suggestions and procedure changes for the purpose of identifying problems, referring for proper treatment and complying with legal requirements.
- Conducts in-service meetings for Health Office personnel for the purpose of conveying and/or sharing information on students’ health needs, service delivery, educational programs, and/or improving professional skills and knowledge.
- Contributes to decision-making for general education and special needs students for the purpose of providing required follow-up treatment plans and services.
- Develops and maintains community partnerships for the purpose of improving access to resources that benefit the health and wellness of the D65 community.
- Develops strategies for the purpose of completing mandated programs and reports in a timely manner. Ensures that all Health Office personnel maintain current certifications in CPR/AED and First Aid for the purpose of staying in compliance.
- Implement and develop procedures for the purpose of ensuring compliance with the Illinois School Code and District 65 Board Policies relating to student health and health services.
- Oversees the District 65 Vision and Hearing Screening Program for the purpose of fulfilling state mandated screenings, following up on failed screening referrals, and completing state reports in a timely manner.
- Provides consultations and direct services to students with and without IEP as recommended for the purpose of promoting and/or securing student health services; providing information and complying with legal requirements.
- Supervises and evaluates Health Office personnel for the purpose of overseeing the health needs of students; ensuring that district health care policies and procedures comply with laws relating to student health issues; and ensuring that district and state reporting are done in a timely manner.