School District: South Holland School District 150
Location: South Holland, IL
Job Type: Full Time
Category: Certified School Nurse
Description: Position available for the 2021-2022 School Year. Nurse would be assisting with IEPs/504s while also acting as district nurse and heading the health services department for the entire school
How to apply – https://www.maximhealthcare.com/careers/658990
Application Deadline Open, until filled
- Current nursing license for the state in which the nurse practices
- Professional Educator License per state/client requirement
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray
- Current BLS card
- Considerable knowledge of medical disorders and treatment.
- Considerable knowledge of child growth and development.
- Working knowledge of public health problems and procedures for treatment in coordination with other health and social service agencies.
- Working knowledge of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations affecting the delivery of school health services.
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills.
- Conducts Individualized Education Program (IEP) meeting plans as needed.
- Promotes healthy practices and nursing services to the students so they will be successful in general education classes
- Provides professional nursing services as defined by your State Professional Practices Nursing
- Coordinates services with other special services personnel within the school to support students in school to learn
- Communicates with School Administrators, teachers and other staff members about students with specific health problems using the HIPAA and federal laws.
- Follows the school’s district policies for health, emergency care, accidents, drug abuse and bullying
- Notifies school Administers, local health department, parents and staff about confirmed communicable diseases within your school. Follow school districts policy concerning this
- Conducts and writes the necessary legal reports for the IEP meeting. Including assessment planning, Health History or Medical Review for the student
- Writes student’s IEP goals related to student’s health condition that is impacting student’s learning in school
- Follows state laws concerning Asthma, Food Allergies, use of an Epi-Pen use and Medication laws providing documentation per your school district policy
- Completes and files school and state reports regarding screenings, immunizations, physicals, etc
- Charts pertinent information on student’s health file
- Develops policies, procedures and work standards for school health program
- Monitors compliance of school health program with federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies
- Prepares health reports for supervisor, board of education and the health department
- Negotiates professional and medical services essential to the school health program
- Provides first aid care and medically prescribed services
- Maintains security of school health supplies and medication in school setting
- Serves as a resource person on health issues
- Provides staff development on health-related topics for school staff and volunteers
- Screens and conducts health appraisals for students and staff
- Provides follow-up evaluations on students as required
- Recommends corrective action where problems are identified
- Corresponds with parents on health needs of children
- Records immunizations, health findings, and other relevant health data
- Ability to identify abnormal growth and development, symptoms of disease and discuss with parents
- Ability to coordinate and facilitate services between the school, local health agency, and other community resources
- Ability to develop and maintain health records on students