School District – DeKalb Community Unit School District 428
Location – DeKalb, IL
Job Type – Full-Time
Category – Certified School Nurse
- Illinois Type 73 Pupil Personnel Services Certificate
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Registered Nurse licensure, Illinois
- Current First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/AED program completion
- Illinois Certification as a Vision and Hearing Screening technician
- Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology
- Prior professional nursing experience, preferably pediatric, adolescent, community or mental health nursing, and health program management
JOB GOAL: To coordinate a school health program including the delivery of services to students and staff members in order to enhance health and wellness in the school community. Duties are to be performed in accordance with standards of professional school nurse practice, district/state board of education policies and procedures and Illinois State law regarding nurse practice.
– Develops and administers a coordinated school health program.
– Collects and analyzes epidemiological and other school health information and makes recommendations based upon statistical data.
– Collaborates with administration to develop prevention programs to maintain the health, wellness and safety of the school community.
– Collaborates with administration to establish Emergency Response protocols to facilitate school safety.
– Assesses the health and safety needs of the school environment in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) guidelines, implementing the Bloodborne Pathogen Control Plan and other interventions as indicated.
– Establishes a communicable disease prevention and control program in cooperation with local and state public health agencies.
– Manages school health records in accordance with Illinois School Student Records Act, providing efficient retrieval of information and other related archival responsibilities.
– Participates in Child Find programs and establishes and manages health screening programs according to state mandates and guidelines.
– Participates in the development of health-related policies and procedures in compliance with state mandates and current health practices.
Link to apply: Certified School Nurse Opening-D428