School District: Consolidated High School District 230
Location: Carl Sandburg High School, Orland Park, IL
Job Type: Full time-9.5 months/7hr
Category: Certified School Nurse
Job Description: Additional school nurse position needed. See additional info below:
- CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- ISBE Professional Educator’s License
- Vision/Hearing Certification
- EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
- OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
– Demonstrated pursuit and interest in continuing education, professional growth, and/or participation in professional activities with an intent to maintain current knowledge and expertise in the field.
– Relevant knowledge and experience in serving an educational organization in an instructional capacity.
– Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with all stakeholders in facilitating continuous organizational improvement.
– Consistent record of facilitating, supporting and promoting educational, social, and professional equality and ethical decision-making.
– Ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders within the organization in both verbal and written form.
– Demonstrated ability to utilize a calm demeanor to develop and maintain professional and productive relationships with all stakeholders.
– Ability to organize, lead, and complete assigned tasks as an individual or as part of a group.
– Ability to represent the district/school with a positive and professional manner.
– Ability to relate to adolescents and teens in a positive and productive manner which includes an understanding of their developmental needs.
– Ability to multi-task and perform duties in a flexible manner for the purpose of facilitating positive student learning.
- PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct school health service, including tests for hearing and vision.
- Assume responsibility for selection and referral of students in need of medical and dental care.
- Report to parents, school personnel, physicians, clinics, and other agencies on school medical matters.
- Maintain up-to-date cumulative health records on all students.
- Assume authority for care of a student or staff member who has suffered injury or emergency illness.
- Prepare all necessary paperwork and reports for injuries to staff and students while on school property or during school sponsored events.
- Participate with school staff in developing and implementing total school health program.
- Contact homes of children referred by PPS team or other administrators.
- Advise modifications of the educational program to meet health needs of individual students.
- Prepare and submit reports for the superintendent and State Board of Health.
- Authorize exclusion and readmission of students in compliance with Board policy on infectious and contagious diseases.
- Serve as consultant to building staff regarding medical or health-related issues.
- Assist school personnel in establishing a safe and sanitary environment conducive for student learning.
- Attend committee meetings and conferences regarding health services.
- Participate in PPS meetings as needed to provide information and/or assist in making recommendations for referred students.
- Complete required medical histories for students referred or current identified for special education service.
- Serve on the Concussion Oversight Team to coordinate accommodations for identified students.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Dean.
Application Deadline: Until filled