Location: Antioch CCSD 34, Antioch, IL
Position: Full Time, Certified School Nurse (CSN) for 2022-23 school year
Apply online at: https://www.applitrack.com/antioch34/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp
Application Deadline: Until filled
- School Service Personnel certificate endorsed for school nursing issued by the Illinois State Board of Education (“ISBE”) and registered in Lake County.
- Licensed as registered professional nurse in Illinois pursuant to the Nursing and Advanced Practice Nursing Act.
- RNs, and APNs currently employed must become qualified to make medical review recommendations prior to July 1, 2016, and must ensure they remain authorized in the future, by completing the continuing professional development requirements for Certified School Nurses thereafter, in accordance with ISBE’s rules and regulations. After July 1, 2016, RNs must also hold a bachelor’s degree in nursing, education, or a related field.
- Training or previous experience working with children preferred.
- Experience in school nursing preferred.
- Possess excellent written, oral, and interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a collaborative environment.
- Able to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Able to understand and adhere to Board policies and procedures.
- Able to handle student and other sensitive information confidentially.
- Able to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Able to work with students and adults in a positive manner.
- Physically and emotionally able to perform job responsibilities.
- Able to attend work regularly and punctually and complete duties in a timely manner.
- Possess good moral character and temperate, ethical, and industrious habits.
- Able to perform multiple concurrent tasks.
- Able to set goals and establish methods for achieving these goals.
- Skilled in problem solving and resolving issues.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Able to research and write articles for publication.
- Able to speak effectively before and with students, staff, administrators, parents, and other community members.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in a variety of formats.
- Able to deal with problems involving variable situations.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and a high attention to detail.
- Be self-directed.
- Possess the ability to work effectively with a wide range of responsibilities.
- Provides health education.
- Provides nursing and/or medically prescribed interventions.
- Counsel individual students regarding health issues, implements student health management plans, evaluates student response and/or revises health management plans when necessary.
- Consults with staff to help them better understand student health issues.
- Acts as a liaison between schools, families and community social service agencies and medical providers.
- Organizes and implements state mandated programs i.e. immunizations, health screenings etc.
- Maintains ethical standards of confidentiality.
- Participates effectively as a member of the building crisis team.
- Promotes programs to address health issues in a preventative manner.
- Develops and maintains complete and accurate health records.
- Participates in student and staff health promotion and wellness programs.
- Initiates contact with parents/guardians
- Carries out all responsibilities and functions in a professional and ethical manner.
- Demonstrates current knowledge of best practices in school nursing and uses independent nursing judgment when delivering school health services within the parameters of Board policies and procedures.
- Maintains effective communication with parents/guardians, as necessary.
- Completes paperwork in a timely manner.
- Has regular attendance.
- Is punctual.
- Pursues professional growth opportunities, i.e. attends workshops, takes courses, etc.
- Recognizes signs of emotional distress, child abuse, and neglect and follows procedures for reporting known or suspected abuse or neglect to appropriate authorities.
- Maintains confidentiality of records and respect for privacy of all students and staff.
- Conducts the professional activities of assessment, diagnosis, and/or instruction consistent with the requirements of applicable laws, rules, regulations, and Board policies and procedures.
- Creates and maintains accurate, appropriately detailed records and reports.
- Participates in Board activities such as curriculum implementation, staff development, and organizations involving parents/guardians and students.
- Abides by current legal directives, school policies, and procedures.
- Models and promotes ethical practices for confidential communication.
- Administers medications and performs specialized procedures in compliance with State law and Board procedures and policies.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.