School District: Homer 33C
Location – Goodings Grove School
Job Type: Full-Time
Category: Certified School Nurse
Application Deadline: Until Filled
How to apply: Interested candidates should visit www.homerschools.org/employment to complete the online application and submit credentials/references
- RN or BSN
2. Current Registered Nurse licensure in State of Illinois
3. Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/AED certificate
4. Experience in nursing and completion of a school health orientation program
5. Illinois Certification as a Vision and Hearing screening technician preferred
6. Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology
REPORTS TO: Principals, Head nurse
JOB GOAL: To provide direct nursing services to students and staff members to maximize health
and wellness in the school community. All duties are performed in accordance with
district/state board of education policies and procedures and state law regarding nurse
1. Nursing Care
· Provides direct professional nursing services, first aid, illness, and emergency
care to students and staff in response to the nursing assessment and in
accordance with professional standards, school policy and procedures, and state
and local mandates.
· Administers medication with appropriate documentation.
· Participates in maintaining accurate medical records to assure compliance with
state mandates including immunizations, physical examinations, and medical
conditions, and the related archival responsibilities.
· Performs mandated screening procedures for vision and hearing (requires state
credentials as a screener).
· Makes appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a
· Maintains communication with Head Nurse, building administrators, teachers,
other school personnel, and parents/guardians to enhance cooperative action
which will meet the health and safety needs of students.
· Provides health services, information, and counseling in an effective and positive
manner to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
· Completes accident/incident reports for students/staff.
· Compiles data for statistical purposes.
· Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
3. Special Education
· Participates as a member of the multidisciplinary team in the identification,
evaluation, and placement of students into special education programs. Writes
the health component of the Individual Education Plan as indicated.
· Recommends modifications of the school program for students who require
accommodations due to a health deficit.
· Develops and maintains current health care plans for students who need special
nursing interventions during the school day.
· Maintains a daily log of student/staff visits and documentation on individual
· Maintains the daily environment of the health office facility and supplies.
· Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
· Performs other health or school related work as required.
5. Professional Development
· Utilizes continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge.
· Participates as an active member of the school community, representing
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary and work year to be established by the Board.
EVALUATION: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions