School District: Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization (NSSEO) District 805
Location: Kirk School, 520 S Plum Grove Road, Palatine IL 60067
Job Type – Full
Category – Certified School Nurse/IEP Designee
Description – please see attached Job Description
How to apply – Please apply on www.nsseo.org. Go to the employment section. Job ID#884
Application Deadline – until filled
Valid Professional Educators License (PEL) endorsed for a School Nurse.
● Valid license as a registered professional nurse in Illinois.
● Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
● Ability to travel within NSSEO and move about NSSEO and programs as necessary.
● Current Adult and Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and AED certification.
● Ability to read, write, and communicate in English to understand directions and communicate with students and staff.
● Ability to physically move about the building.
● Ability to lift and position students.
● Ability to participate in NSSEO approved behavior management procedures, and apply training in crisis situations including physical management of students.
● Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology.
● Qualified IDPH Vision and Hearing Technician (preferred).
● Previous experience in in mental health setting or school setting (optional).
Assumes active role in the formation, review and revision of health and wellness procedures, policies and functions of the school health program.
● Maintains compliance as required by the Illinois School Code and Illinois Department of Public Health for state mandated student health requirements.
● Assists in the prevention of the spread of communicable diseases.
● Provides appropriate care of illness or injury to students in accordance with school district policies and procedures and professional standards.
● Communicates with school personnel, parents/guardians and medical care providers for coordination of care.
● Administers medication and completes treatments and procedures as ordered by the medical care provider and documents appropriately.
● Assists students and families in accessing health care.
● Participates in a multidisciplinary team by completing and presenting health history, writing health components of the Annual Review, and indicating accommodations related to health concerns.
Develops, maintains, and implements Emergency Care Plans and Individual Health Care Plans.
● Obtains and maintains IDPH audiometric and vision screening certification and conduct annual screenings.
● Obtains and maintains CPR/AED instructor certification with American Heart Association and conducts classes for NSSEO staff at various times throughout the school year as indicated.
● Adheres to the Illinois Nurse Practice Act.
● Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health-related issues.
● Completes necessary documentation on individual health records.
● Maintains the daily environment of the health office facility and supplies.
● Utilizes existing technology effectively in the performance of duties.
● Optimizes continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge.
● Reports state mandated health requirements to home school districts.
● Provides staff training on Health Plans and medical concerns for individual students as needed.
● Trains appropriate staff on delegable nursing tasks as per Nurse Practice Act and documents training annually or as needed.
● Assumes other duties and special projects as assigned.
● Supports NSSEO policy, NSSEO and Governing Board goals and objectives, and The School Code of Illinois.