School District – SASED (Special Education Cooperative)
Location – Lisle, IL
Job Type – Full time and substitute positions
Category – LPN, Registered Nurse, School Nurse, One on One RN
Description – School Nurse in a variety of programs at SASED
How to apply – http://www.generalasp.com/sased/onlineapp/default.aspx
Application Deadline – 7/6/2021
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Illinois Registered Professional Nurse from the State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation with CPR certification.
- Registered Type 73 Pupil Personnel Certificate from the State of Illinois.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Secure required physical and dental examination and immunization records for all students. Keep all health records up to date.
- Arrange, supervise and follow up on all physical assessment programs including, but not limited to, vision & hearing screening, scoliosis screening and physical examinations when provided by the SASED Multi-Needs Program.
- Prepare comprehensive health histories and pertinent medical reports.
- Participate in interdisciplinary staffings and team meetings as requested.
- Prepare emergency health care plans for all students who need them and train classroom teams on the implementation of such plans.
- Secure any specialized equipment necessary to maintain the general health of all students. Train staff on the use and maintenance of specialized equipment.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures for the prevention and control of communicable diseases in conformity with Illinois State law.
- Plan for, administer and/or supervise the administration of any health related procedures (i.e. medication distribution, gastrostomy tube care, etc.) necessary for a student to participate in the school program.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures for providing emergency care for illness and/or injury occurring while students and staff are under the jurisdiction of the school program.
- Observe school environments and evaluate safety procedures in order to alert appropriate school personnel to correct hazardous conditions or procedures.
- Collaborate with classroom teams in the identification, documentation and reporting of any student who may have been abused and/or neglected according to the Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act.
- Provide in-service training programs for staff, students and/or families on appropriate health topics stressing the prevention of disease and promotion of wellness in all activities.
- Act as a liaison between school, student, parent, physical and/or community agencies regarding the health status of student’s in the program.
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervising & evaluating of Multi-Needs Program Medical/Teacher Assistants.
- Assist families and staff in securing available health & community resources.
- Compile and maintain a file of current health education materials for students and staff.
- Participate in the formulation, evaluation and periodic review and revision of objectives, standards, policies and functions of school nursing services and the total school health program.
- Alert program administrator of legal provisions and health trends as they pertain to school health policies and procedures.
- Participate in activities of professional nursing, health and educational organizations and pursue on an on-going basis educational studies to maintain and improve the professional level of performance.