School District: Western Springs School District 101
Location: Western Springs, Illinois
Job Type: Full-Time Position
Category: Certified School Nurse
• Serve as an active, contributing member of the special education team, identifying, evaluating and providing care for students in the special education program. Assess and develop individualized care plans for students.
• Monitor compliance for immunizations and physical requirements.
• Oversee daily operation of the school health office, providing medication administration, medical treatment and emergency care for students and staff.
• Coordinate vision and hearing screenings.
• Maintain accurate student records with confidentiality and proficiency using job related software applications.
• Serve as a liaison between parents, school and the community in health matters.
• Provide mandated yearly inservices to staff.
• Orient and train new nurses.
• Coordinate district health events such as Wellness Day, Sports Physicals for school sponsored sports teams, 6th grade Outdoor Education annual trip.
• Provide guidance and support as needed for all building nurses, always working collaboratively as part of the team.
• Participate in building/district meetings and other programs within the district as requested by administration.
• Demonstrate professional growth through conferences, coursework and independent study.
Registered Professional Licensed Nurse. Preferred Professional Educator’s License with Certified School Nurse Endorsement. IDPH Hearing and Vision Screener.
How to Apply: https://www.applitrack.com/ws101/onlineapp/_application.aspx?starting=true