New Trier Township High School District 203
Winnetka Campus – 385 Winnetka Ave. Winnetka, IL 60093
Full-time, School Year
The purpose of this position is to provide direct nursing services to students with health needs. To perform duties in accordance with professional standards, district/state board of education policies and state law regarding nurse practice.
This employee works within the established Standards Of Nurse Practice Act, exercises strict confidentiality, uses initiative and independent judgment in performing duties and keeps informed of procedures, policies, and mandates that affect the delivery of nursing services in schools. This employee must possess the skills and knowledge to react to a medical emergency.
Please see the detailed posting at https://www.applitrack.com/NewTrier/onlineapp/JobPostings/view.asp?FromAdmin=true&AppliTrackJobId=1842
Apply online at https://www.newtrier.k12.il.us/employment. Please upload all application materials such as resume, cover letter, etc. online as we do not accept paper or email materials.
- RN or LPN with current Illinois licensure
- Current CPR/AED certification
- Physical ability to perform the duties required of a nurse practicing in a school setting, such as ability to physically move about the school building, going up and down several flights of stairs, ability to lift and position students (30-80 pounds) if assigned to a classroom or student with such requirements, responding to medical emergencies, and treating patients on the ground
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English to understand directions and communicate with students and staff
- Ability to make minor decisions with minimal supervision in accordance with established procedures
- Ability to participate in New Trier High School approved behavior management procedures, Non- Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) and to apply training in crisis situations including student restraints as needed