Position Type: Student Support Services/School Nurse
Location: Washington School
Date Available: 08/15/2022
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Special Education
GENERAL FUNCTION: Provide direct nursing services to students. All duties are performed in accordance with District and State Board of Education policies and
procedures and State law regarding nursing practices.
* Implement a school health program including the delivery of services to students and staff members in order to enhance health and wellness in the school community.
* Administer medication with appropriate documentation.
* Maintain accurate medical records to assure compliance with state mandates, including immunizations, physical examinations, medical conditions, and the related archived responsibilities.
* Make appropriate assessment and referrals for suspected abuse/neglect as a mandated reporter.
* Provides health services, information, and counseling in an effective and positive manner to enhance the health and wellness of the school community.
* Completes accident/incident reports for students/staff.
* Maintains confidentiality regarding all school and health- related issues.
* Maintains a daily log of student visits and documentation on individual health records; compiles data for statistical services.
* Maintains the daily environment of the health and office facility.
* Maintains contact with a professional nursing organization and utilizes continuing education opportunities to enhance professional knowledge.
* Participates as an active member of the school community.
* Performs other health or school related work as required.
* RN; Current First Aid and CPR program completion, Computer literacy
Additional details: 10-month, salaried position