Clinic Assistant-Bilingual in Spanish
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Location: 111 N. County Farm Road- Wheaton IL, IL
Job Type: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
The DuPage County Health Department is looking for a new team member, bilingual in Spanish, for our clinic in Wheaton. In this role, you will be responsible for performing clerical duties to assist with the efficient movement of clients through the clinic. We are looking for someone with the ability to adhere to office procedures while providing courteous customer service. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, with one day working from 10:30 am until 7:00 pm.
Starting pay rate for this position is $15.00 per hour, may increase based on experience.
If your passion is a desire to help others and to make a difference in people’s lives, then apply today and join our team! We at the DuPage County Health Department, value our employees and take great pride in providing the ability for them to have a good work life balance.
- Updates client records; enters clients data into computer systems including revising or updating addresses and telephone numbers.
- Schedules appointments: ensures that release forms or consent forms have been signed; prepares various forms and worksheets.
- Sets up clinic rooms with appropriate supplies; processes daily reports; monitors on hand supplies and coordinates replenishment as needed.
- Obtains health histories from patients by conducting patient interviews; follows-up on client status; performs duties necessary to close clinics.
- Maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- May assist with determining client eligibility.
Three years of experience in an office environment which involved a high degree of public contact and use of medical terminology; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Attendance at paid New Hire Orientation, is required.
DuPage County Health Department is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply directly online, click here: