Clinic Assistant – Bilingual in Spanish
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Location: 1111 E Jackson Street – Lombard, IL
Job Type: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
Job Number: 23-00645
Service Unit: Public Health Services
The DuPage County Health Department is looking for a new team member, bilingual in Spanish, for our clinic in Lombard. In this role, you will be responsible for performing clerical duties to assist with the efficient movement of clients through the clinic. We are looking for someone with the ability to adhere to office procedures while providing courteous customer service. The hours for this position will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, with one day working from 10:30 am until 7:00 pm.
Starting pay rate for this position is $15.00 per hour, may increase based on experience.
This position is eligible for a full DuPage County comprehensive benefit package to include:
- 12 paid holidays per year, 12 paid vacation days, 6 sick days, and up to 3 personal days.
- Pension package, optional life insurance.
- Health insurance plan options with an opt out bonus available if you have coverage from another source.
- We are a qualifying employer under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programs.
- Mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle.
If your passion is a desire to help others and to make a difference in people’s lives, then apply today and join our team! We at the DuPage County Health Department, value our employees and take great pride in providing the ability for them to have a good work life balance.
- Updates client records; enters clients data into computer systems including revising or updating addresses and telephone numbers.
- Schedules appointments: ensures that release forms or consent forms have been signed; prepares various forms and worksheets.
- Sets up clinic rooms with appropriate supplies; processes daily reports; monitors on hand supplies and coordinates replenishment as needed.
- Obtains health histories from patients by conducting patient interviews; follows-up on client status; performs duties necessary to close clinics.
- Maintains required training, licensure, and/or certification.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- Participates in emergency response activities as assigned.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to patient privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- May assist with determining client eligibility.
- Assist with interpretation.
Completion of high school diploma/GED. One year of experience working in a customer service or human/social services related field is preferred. Bilingual in Spanish.
Attendance at paid New Hire Orientation, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm is required.
Attendance at paid New Hire Orientation, is required. Good knowledge of modern office practices and procedures; some knowledge of medical terminology and filing systems; some knowledge of program requirements and eligibility.
DuPage County Health Department is an equal-opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
To apply directly on line, click here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dupagehealth/jobs/4117960/clinic-assistant-bilingual-in-spanish