Certified School Nurse Position: https://www.applitrack.com/d365/onlineapp/default.aspx?Category=Certified+Nurse
Position is at Humphrey Middle School.
Applications are accepted until the job is filled.
JOB SUMMARY: The individual is responsible to the Building Administrator.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with administration to coordinate health services for the building
- Maintains accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district policy and administration regulation
- Advises building personnel on health matters, particularly regarding health problems, communicable diseases and special health needs of the students
- Report suspected child abuse cases as required by statue and district policy
- Works with building special education team in assessing, evaluating and reporting health information
- Prepares mandated health and development work-ups on all students referred for special education
- Functions within the guidelines of the Illinois Nursing Act Standard of Professional Conduct for Registered Professional Nurses
- Adheres to the published policies and procedures of the district
- Licensed as a registered nurse in Illinois
- State of Illinois (PEL) Professional Educator License
- Certified as a vision and hearing technician by the Illinois Department of Public Health (Preferred)
- CPR Certified by the American Red Cross or American Heart Association
- Experience developing care plans for students with medical needs
- Excellent communication skills with students, teachers, parents, and administration
- Knowledge of impact of medical issues on educational settings
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate records required by law
- Knowledge of current medical issues and practice