Certified School Nurse
1.0 FTE position / 2021-2022 school year
The Exceptional Learners Collaborative (ELC) is seeking licensed applicants for the 2021-2022 school year. The ELC is located in Vernon Hills (Lake County), Illinois; is a special education cooperative providing services to students identified with special needs, ages 3 through 22 years of age. The ELC represents Kildeer Countryside Community Consolidated School District 96, Lincolnshire-Prairie View School District 103, Adlai E. Stevenson High School District 125 and Fox Lake District 114. The ELC serves eight elementary schools, four junior high/middle schools and one high school.
The certified school will support the district in the following areas:
- Provides health services.
- Provides health education.
- Participates in the evaluation of students suspected of having a disability.
- Promotes environmental health.
- Provides professional development.
– Valid Illinois professional educator license with a school nurse endorsement.
– Illinois vision and hearing certification.
– CPR instructor preferred.
– Ability to travel within the member districts and move about ELC and district buildings as necessary.
– Experience with special educations students preferred.
Online applications are required (www.elced.org). Applicants should complete the electronic application process and upload a letter of interest, current resume, references and transcripts.