Case Manager – Community Support Team
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location : 111 N. County Farm Road- Wheaton IL, IL
Job Type: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
The DuPage County Health Department is looking for a new team member to work as a Community Support Specialist on our Intensive Community based Case Management Team. The ideal candidate will be able to project warmth and sincerity in effectively working with clients. Our program is part of comprehensive community behavioral health system that includes crisis services, adult intensive services/residential services, forensic behavioral health, substance use treatment, and psychiatric services.
This full-time position, Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, is based at our Central Public Health Center in Wheaton. This position involves 60% of client services provided in the community, with some office-based sessions. This position will provide an opportunity to engage in advocacy, education, and referral services to clients with serious mental illness. In this role, you will also need to have knowledge of harm reduction practices, stages of change and motivation enhancement treatment.
Our new team member will have the ability to work within a collaborative team approach, work collaboratively with community providers in order to achieve client goals. Our Community Support Team which provides a team-based approach towards recovery and resiliency oriented, intensive, community-based rehabilitation and outreach service for adults.
This Full-Time position offers a full, DuPage County, benefit package which includes paid training, 12 paid holidays, 3 weeks of paid leave per year. This is also a pension eligible position which means there is a guaranteed retirement savings plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement and supervision to assist you in obtaining your master’s degree and clinical licensure. DuPage County Health Department is also a qualified employer under the Federal Student Loan Forgiveness Program
If your passion is a desire to help others and to make a difference in people’s lives, then apply today and join our team! We at the DuPage County Health Department, value our employees and take great pride in providing the ability for them to have a good work life balance.
- Manages a case load and maintains regular contact with clients outside of the office, homebased and community based to meet client need and engage at risk clients.
- Acts as client advocate to facilitate access to resources and services; works collaboratively with providers to achieve client goals.
- Develops and maintains client treatment plans; provides intervention to support client self-management of their illness.
- Demonstrate the ability to engage clients with comprehensive needs in their recovery process
- Maintains professional relationships with community systems and resources to further support client needs
- Acts as a liaison between healthcare resources and clients; participates in client staffing and team meetings.
- Demonstrates independent judgment and discretion in making position related decisions; meets established productivity standards; performs concurrent documentation.
- Maintains collaborative relationships with co-workers to effectively support clients.
- Participates in emergency activities as assigned.
- Maintains required training, licensure and/or certification.
- Maintains confidentiality of privileged information and adheres to client privacy laws.
- Demonstrates sensitivity and understanding of other ethnic groups and cultures.
- Adheres to department guidelines for attendance and punctuality.
- May transport clients using an agency-owned vehicle.
- Provides skill building and case management supports to clients in the community; works collaboratively with other clinical staff.
- Works during assigned business hours, allowing for flexibility in the schedule
Completion of a bachelor’s degree in psychology, Social Work, or related field; one year of behavioral health experience is preferred but not required. Attendance at our Central Public Health Center, for paid new hire HR orientation is required.
To apply directly on line, click here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dupagehealth/jobs/4148211/case-manager-community-support-team