For Camp Nurse Assistant at a Multicultural Residential Summer Camp with separate girls-only and blended sessions for children Ages 7 – 15!
June 23 – August 3, 2024
Camp Kupugani is a multicultural residential summer camp focusing on diversity and communication skills in a fun atmosphere. We unite children of diverse backgrounds, and provide them with essential skills to empower themselves and build community in an increasingly diverse society. Children from ages seven to fifteen participate in a two-, four- or six-week session of our unique summer camp. While typical summer camps are relatively homogeneous and do not challenge campers to stray from their comfort zones, ours focuses on addressing issues of difference and on building self-esteem and community. The children enjoy a fun, challenging camp experience, including activities like rock climbing, river walking, canoeing, playing under waterfalls, and night hikes under the stars, and special team building activities and games so that fun and personal growth coincide.
We are looking for a dynamic, warm, exuberant, experienced person who is passionate about our vision. The Camp Nurse Assistant will participate in an orientation with a camp director, followed by our multicultural residential summer camp program in Leaf River, IL (less than two hours west of Chicago).
- Assisting with stocking First Aid supplies in the Health Center and all areas of camp and controlling their outflow
- Assisting with safeguarding the campers’ prescription medications
- Assisting with administering the medications at the prescribed dosages and hours
- Assisting with completing insurance forms
- Assisting with supervising and maintaining the Center’s housekeeping standard.
- Assisting at the registration of the camp session to check in and file the incoming health forms, record individual problems and note medications.
- Assisting with nursing care consisting of evaluating and treating campers’ minor injuries and illnesses; keeping a log of Health Center visits; giving supportive advice to counselors and other camp staff, if requested; and identifying health problems serious enough to require a physician’s attention.
- The Camp Nurse Assistant must hold any of the following qualifications: 1 year towards an Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN), 2 years towards a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), or be a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA).
- The Camp Nurse Assistant should relate well to groups of young people and enjoy outdoor activity, fresh air, and beautiful scenery!
- Experience and temperament should have prepared the nurse assistant to function independently and accept the responsibility of assisting with the camp health care program.
Camp Kupugani staff members receive a very competitive salary, and room and board are included. To determine your exact salary, please complete an application. We can then speak with you about your specific qualifications and experience.
You can apply online at https://www.ultracamp.com/info/upcomingsessions.aspx? idCamp=1012&campCode=AlF&lnkSubCategory1=Staff+Application, e-mail Kevin Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Kevin at 815-713-4110 to get an application and reference forms.
A beautiful summer home Nestled within 120 acres of lush forests, Camp Kupugani multicultural summer camp resides at beautiful Camp White Eagle alongside the Leaf River in northwestern Illinois. A mere two-hour drive from Chicago, this intimate setting makes for an ideal environment to develop life-skills, meet new friends and enjoy an active outdoor environment. The Camp comprises nature’s finest, including woods, trails, a swimming pool, rock climbing walls, game fields, and a 5-acre lake for swimming, a waterfall, water games, and almost a mile of canoeing through the property. Since 1951, Camp White Eagle: certified by the American Camping association, has provided for children a secure summer camp environment that encourages the discovery of self and a sense of wonder in the natural world.
The Camp Kupugani Mission
“Kupugani” is a Zulu concept meaning “to raise oneself up.” The fundamental point of Camp Kupugani is—in a residential camp setting—to expose children of varied backgrounds and ethnicities to each other. Living, playing, and working together are the best teachers of instilling bonds of friendship and trust. They represent an important step towards breaking down societal barriers that prevent positive interaction. Camp Kupugani provides a safe atmosphere where children are individually empowered via enhancing their communication skills and engaging in community building. By way of carefully selected program activities, we bestow upon them the tools to maximize their potential, free of the sometimes-limiting restrictions of school and predisposed social patterns. At Camp Kupugani, kids have fun while changing their world.
For more information, feel free to visit our website at www.campkupugani.com, e-mail Kevin Gordon at email@example.com or call Kevin at 815-713-4110.