School Nurse Openings – Virginia Lake School and Willow Bend School
School Nurse – Registered
Full-Time, 6.5 hours per day, 192 days per year
REPORTS TO: Building Principal / Coordinator of Health Services
ANNUAL WORK DAYS: Based on official school calendar
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide illness care, first-aid care and basic emergency care to students according to the policies and procedures of the school district.
· Maintain student immunization and health records.
· Manage student health screenings.
· Develop health care plans for students.
· Manage and maintain the school health office.
· Administer and maintain medication as directed by the student’s parent, physician, the district’s policies and procedures and IL law.
· Monitor students during periods of short-term rest and recovery.
· Perform other duties related to the job summary, as assigned by the supervisor.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS:
· Required current Illinois Registered Nurse License
· Required Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
· Required current certification in CPR
· Preferred Bilingual – Spanish
· Preferred certification by Illinois Department of Public Health in vision and hearing screening.
· Preferred school-based experience