Position Type: Educational Support Staff/Nurse
Location: Kirk School
Report to: Case Manager/NSSEO Supervisor
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides direct nursing services to students as ordered by the medical care provider.
- Implements health care plans.
- Participates in student’s educational programming throughout the school day under direction of the case manager.
- Ensures medical equipment and supplies function appropriate and notify parent and supervisor or faulty or low stock equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates cooperation, openness for growth and willingness to contribute to a team approach to the educational program.
- Participates in general staff meetings, training programs, and in-service sessions as required.
- Communicates effectively with case manager, school nurse, and family/guardian regarding health information as necessary.
- Documents pertinent health information and facilitating accommodations as required to meet the medical needs of the student.
JOB REQUIREMENT – MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Valid license as a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse
- Ability to travel within NSSEO and move about NSSEO and programs as necessary.
- Current Adult and Child Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and AED certification.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English to understand directions and communicate with students and staff.
- Ability to physically move about the building.
- Ability to lift and position students.
- Ability to participate in NSSEO approved behavior management procedures, and apply training in crisis situations including physical management of students.
- Computer literacy and competency in use of existing technology.
- Ability to make minor decisions with minimal supervision in accordance with established procedures.
- Acts as a positive role model for students.
- Maintains confidentiality regarding work with special needs students.
- Assists classroom staff with all required paperwork, organization of classroom, and supervision of students when available.
- Support NSSEO policy, NSSEO and governing board and objectives, and The School Code of Illinois.
- Assume other duties and projects as assigned.
Salary Range: NSSEA-ESP Lane V